A very powerful feature in our learning platform is the reports it generates. A report is a set of data, obtained and classified according to your requirements. A report can include information about the LMS itself or about your learners, your own staff and even about the courses you have on your LMS. The more unique your requirement, the more dynamic the report is. Our eLearning technicians work with your team to understand the kind of reports you want the system to generate and set them up based on rules and restrictions that retrieve exactly the kind of data you require.
In case, you can have a report that tells how many students have been attending the sessions in a month and how many have left the course. If they left the course in between, what phase they were when they left? Is there a specific course that no student/learner is attempting? What are the minimum marks your students are getting in an assignment? How many staff are logging into the system regularly? How much time are they spending logged on in the system? The same goes for the students: how many hours are they spending learning the coursework? There are numerous questions like these and so are the reports.
These reports present you simplified data that can help you make key business decisions that have both learning and financial impact on your system. And when you create a report you can select which users can view it. The reports are displayed in a block in the course or site front page.
1. Courses reports, i.e. information related to the courses.
2. Categories reports, i.e. information related to categories.
3. Users reports, i.e. information relevant to learners and their activities inside a course.
4. Timeline reports are a type that displays a timeline. A course or user report can be embedded in this timeline showing data depending on the start and end times of the current course/sessions.
5. Customized SQL Reports, and SQL queries